Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Washington DC Part 1

DC is a great family place because so much of what you see and do is free! The expensive part is transportation, food and lodging. Luckily we were just passing through and didn't have to spend too much. The kids enjoyed riding the Metro Rail into the city.
While Ty and Katie slept, the girls and I enjoyed a picnic in the heart of the city. The hotdog stands are great.. and pretty cheap!
Sarah loves Abraham Lincoln. She wouldn't look up at the monument until she got right up to him. I thought she was going to cry, she was so excited.

4 comments:

Anita said...

This picture is a keeper!

Anita said...

Oh, by 'this picture' I meant the Lincoln Monument. It's precious.

carole said...

I LOVE the picture of Lincoln too.. I almost feel like I am there..

T.Mark.D. said...

Mom,
You will be soon.
See you there in September.
Mark