Saturday, July 12, 2008

Upward Cheerleading

Today was a first for me. This is the first time I have went to a basketball game and watch something other than the game. Gasp! :)

Emily and Sarah are cheerleading with the Upward program at McGregor Baptist Church. It is a Christian Organization that does different sports and cheerleading. The girls did a great job! They start off with a huge prayer circle before the game.

Sarah practices her cheers a lot. I think we will all know them soon.
Emily's group does a bit more advanced cheers with more motions. I impressed with how quickly Emily picks them up. I think I would fumble up all the hand motions, but she did great.

They have 7 more weeks of games to cheer at. If you are in the area and would like to come, let us know. It is a fun way to spend Saturday morning.

2 comments:

amy said...

Oh Tabitha, I am going through the same thing. I have one girl that wants soccer and one that wants cheerleading. Be on the lookout, my niece and nephew are in that program too. My mom was there Saturday for a game. Lila Pearl is just 4, so my mom said she is kind of a cheerleader mascot. It looks like fun.

Kelly said...

How fun!! The girls really seem to enjoy it!! I would love to come to a game sometime; just let me know when...

Kelly