Sunday, June 29, 2008

a long way from home...

I have tried to blog while on vacation and while the thumb of Michigan has great scenery for pictures, the trees block most of our internet connection.

We are having a great time and are hoping to fit in all that we still have planned.

Just a fun little tidbit...

We wanted some ice cream so we stopped by the country market in a small town on our way to the camp we are staying at. The man next to us left his truck running and ran into town. That wouldn't happen in Fort Myers.

Two men were chatting outside Walmart in Caro, Michigan. I was casually standing there waiting for Mark. One of the men used the 'f' word in his story. As soon as he noticed I was there he apologized to me for his language. You wouldn't hear that at home.

I just don't understand how some people survive when they are literally 50-100 miles from TARGET! How do they do it?

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I agree Tabitha; how DO people survive without a target:)

I'm glad you all are enjoying your vacation. I know we all miss you back home!! Have a safe trip back to Fort Myers...

Kelly

Kami Gimenez said...

Ha Ha! I've had a hard time being 20 minutes away from a grocery store this week! Have a great vacation and hope the reunion is going well!
Love,
Kami

Kami Gimenez said...

Ha Ha! I've had a hard time being 20 minutes away from a grocery store this week! Have a great vacation and hope the reunion is going well!
Love,
Kami

Kami Gimenez said...

Sorry, don't know why it posted twice, guess this makes 3!

Taylin said...

It sounds like you guys are having a great time. We miss you all!
Tay

jes. said...

haha!! i still have never been to a target. if i come down to florida sometime i think that will b something we'll have to do!!

jes. said...

lke my URL pic??

Anita said...

I enjoy reading your blogs from time to time. Mark lived here in our town when he was a kid so I remember him but he probably doesn't remember me. That's okay, I still like reading your blogs!