Wednesday, May 20, 2009

a nice treat

Another food gift post!

Tonight at church a friend told me that I had a yummy gift on the Secret Pal table. I'm not doing secret pal this year, so I was surprised to find something for me.

Loretta Lopez is a wonderful lady of our church. When her and her husband lived up north she had a baking business. I'm not sure what all she did, but I know she made many, many wedding cakes. I have sampled many of her creations and everything has been wonderful.

A few weeks back I saw that she had made cinnamon rolls for someone. The person didn't pick them up right away and I made sure Loretta knew that I could take them off her hands if need be.

Tonight she gave us a tray of delicious cinnamon rolls with a very nice card. This was an unexpected and very appreciated gift.

Now...off to indulge in a delicious snack!


1 comment:

carole said...

Aren't you the lucky one??? Save one for me.. See you on the 1st...maybe we will have to go to Chi Chi's and get more cinnamon rolls...uummm!!!!