I saw this on Kami's blog and I thought it was fun, so here's a little about Christmas at my house:
About the TREE....
1.When do you put up the Christmas tree? sometime the 1st week of December
2. Real or fake? Real. Mark and I wanted to get a fake one this year, but Emily was adamant that we get a real one.
3. Lights? What color? Multi colored and white
4. Garland? Yes, we have silver garland.
5. Theme or no theme? No. We have a lot of snowflake ornaments, but mostly kid-made ones are on our tree. We have started to buy personalized ornaments at the mall every year. We love those.
6. What kind of topper? A star,
7. What's your favorite ornament? The one I bought this year. It is a Christmas tree with 6little faces on it. Each face is wearing a Santa Hat with our name on it.
8. What does your tree skirt look like?It isn't even visible, but it is blue and silver.
9. Where do you put your tree? This year we have two. One is all white and pre-lit with multi colored lights. (Target 90% off last year) That is in the front window. Our real tree is in the family room.
10. Who decorates the tree?we all do.
11.What's "under" the tree?Presents!
12. Do you put candy canes on your tree?No. Katie is a foodie and would be asking for them all the time.
About the FOODS....
1. What's your favorite Christmas cookie? I like Mrs. Lopez's Christmas cut-out cookies with her delicious frosting. (Is that too specific?)
2. Do you bake cookies and give them away? Yes! We will be working on that tomorrow and Saturday.
3. Any candy or food you only have at Christmas time? Not really
4. What do you eat Christmas EVE? We are having family over for Christmas Eve, so we better figure this one out soon!
5. What do you eat on Christmas day? Ham at mom's house!
6. Do you like Eggnog?no!
7.. Do you like candy canes? Yes! I
1. Where do you hang your stockings? On the plant shelf in the living room.
2. Do you put lights on your house? Yes. All blue this year.
3. Got any outside lawn decorations? No
4. Do you put up a nativity? Ours broke and we haven't replaced it. I would like to get a Willow Tree one.
5. Do you hang mistletoe over the door? yes
6. Got a wreath on your front door? Two. One for each door.
7. How long does it take you to decorate? A week. We do a little each day.
About the movies
1 . Favorite Children's Christmas TV show/cartoon?Hmmm Not sure
2. Favorite Christmas Movie - Elf!
1. Do you go to church on Christmas or Christmas Eve? 6-7pm on Christmas Eve.
2. Have you ever gone Caroling? Yes, but no plans for it this year. I may wrangle up some friends and family and go this yera.
3. Favorite Christmas Carol? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
4. Do you believe in Santa?Not sure what this one means?
5. Do you leave Santa cookies? Yes
6. Do you make a "list"? a list of what to buy everyone-yes. I make lots of them.
7..Do you shop on Black Friday? Are you kidding me? One of my favorite days of the year!
8. ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS? Yes, but I want to enjoy every minute until it gets here!